We're sorry to be stuffy and give you some terms and conditions. The main thing on our mind is we don't want anyone to copy socialmediasurgery.com, what it does, or how it does it. This is easy and shouldn't get in your way. If you use this website you are agreeing to our rules. If you don't agree to them, please don't use the website.
- Don't be rude or defamatory.
- Respect copyright. Don't rip off other people's work without attribution.
- Don't set out to make like difficult for us and our infrastructure.
- Treat other people with the respect you would expect.
- We reserve the right to switch off accounts, suspend use and edit content at our discretion.
This website is a place created by Podnosh for people to publicise, manage and monitor their own social media surgeries.
Your surgery manager is a good person and we don't expect them to do anything besides very social things. If you have a question about a surgery your first port of call is your surgery manager – after all it's their surgery, not ours.
If you have a problem with your surgery manager please contact us.
This website is made by the people at Podnosh in Birmingham, UK.
We care about the "Social Media Surgery Plus" name and logo, the website's look and feel, our software code and scripts, and our social computing techniques and how we apply them to monitoring help given at social media surgeries. All these things are unique to Podnosh and are our property. You can use them only as follows:
You can use this site for free to publicise and manage one social media surgery to support local community groups, voluntary organisations, active citizens or charities.
If you want to use this site to run several surgeries – and monitor the help given and online activity as a result of sites created or assisted with at your surgeries – contact us.
Personal information and privacy
- When you sign up, we will store your name and email address. Passwords are encrypted and we do not have access to them.
- Your email address will only be shown to the administrators of this website and the surgery manager of any surgery to sign up to attend. We will not share your email address with anyone else.
- We store information about the dates of surgeries you sign up to, surgeries attended and the help you receive at the surgery.
- You can request data we hold about you by contacting email@example.com or writing to: Podnosh, 39 Fazeley Studios, 191 Fazeley Street, Birmingham B5 5SE, United Kingdom.
Cancelling your account
You can cancel your account at any time via your dashboard. This will remove any information we hold about you in the website.